How To Pump Up The Volume On Thinning Hair
It’s no secret that less is definitely more (washing, that is) when it comes to giving our hair a little extra TLC. Many shampoos are loaded with harsh detergents which can result in brittle, dry hair, which is especially hard on color treated hair.
Thinning hair is one of the many joyful (insert grumpy face emoji) parts of menopause.
Wouldn’t it blow your mind if there was one product that could help us with dry hair and thinning hair?
Dry shampoos are the solution, but one must know the secrets to both finding the right product for your hair, as well as proper application in order to reap the most benefits.
Using dry shampoo to add volume is a secret weapon for those of us with thinning hair.
Let’s start with how to apply dry shampoos properly.
Timing and some simple techniques can make the difference in the look of your adventures with dry shampoo.
1. Apply dry shampoo the evening of your shampoo so it can go to work soaking up excess oil while you catch some zzz’s.
2. Holding the can a several inches away from your hair, spraying dry shampoo along hairline framing your lovely face.
3. Don’t overdo it; you don’t want to end up with product build up on your scalp.
4. Continue applying dry shampoo, parting hair to “clean” all your roots.
Now that we’ve applied dry shampoo, it’s time to give it a little encouragement to get to work.
5. Wait 30 seconds to a minute, then using fingertips, gently massage dry shampoo all over scalp.
Sometimes, we prefer a more dramatic, full hairstyle and dry shampoo is an easy way to pull it off. For those of us with thinning hair, consider dry shampoo your new secret weapon.
1. Apply dry shampoo, following steps above, with two exceptions. You’ll want to let the dry shampoo work its magic on your hair as part of your styling routine before you go out for the day, instead of at bedtime.
2. Allow shampoo to get to work, 30 seconds to a minute.
3. Massage dry shampoo onto roots with your hair upside down, allowing gravity to draw some of the shampoo down into your hair.
4. Fluff hair, then style as usual.
This post uses affiliate links. Should you purchase something using one of the links, we’ll receive a commission at no additional charge to you.
Thank you in advance for your support, we are grateful.
To have one of our favorite dry shampoos delivered right to your door, click on the “Shop” buttons below.
SHOP Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Dry Shampoo
Choose from thickening, texturizing and a variety of scents ~ Amazon
Less than $5.00
SHOP Dove Refresh + Care Dry Shampoo
For volume & fulness ~ Amazon
Less than $12.00
SHOP Batiste Dry Shampoo
With a wide variety hair color options ~ Amazon
Less than $8.00
SHOP Klorane Dry Shampoo
Good for sensitive scalp ~ Ulta
SHOP Aveda Dry Shampoo
Plant-based and Non-aerosol ~ Nordstrom
SHOP Living Proof Dry Shampoo
With a patented “healthy hair molecule” for clean hair ~ Ulta
As always, we are so grateful that you’ve stopped by our cyber home and hope you found this post helpful. What’s your favorite dry shampoo?
Until next time, may each day bring you much joy and happiness.
Xo, Jonet & Daisy Mae