pink flamingos

Have you ever experienced Style Amnesia? Style Amnesia (two nouns don’t make a right) is the temporary loss of the ability to remember how many items of clothing one has purchased in a certain color.

So one day, I found myself in the closet, searching for a summer dress for an afternoon out on the town with the hubster. Suddenly, I realized I only needed one more pink dress and I’d own the whole set!

The psychology behind this cheerful color is interesting. Pink is associated with:
Love
Femininity
Calmness
Optimism
Warmth
Friendly
Flamingoes (Ok, that wasn’t on the list, but it should be, right?)

All good reasons to be hooked on a color.

pink scallop edged summer dress

Did the flower tucked behind my ear fool you? I know, you thought I was coming to you live from Hawaii, right?

pink scallop edged summer dress and dog

This dress and post, have both been approved by my business manager, Mr. King Bubba.

pink scallop edged summer dress

Summer fashion fun for me, translates to interesting details and happy colors, perhaps like P I N K. This scalloped edged dress from Mud Pie is one of my favorites from last season #ShoppingYourClosetIsCool.

Have you ever had Style Amnesia? If so, which color captured your heart?

Until next time, sending you much love and baskets of chocolates.

gold heart signature

jonet on Emailjonet on Facebookjonet on Instagramjonet on Linkedinjonet on Pinterestjonet on Stumbleuponjonet on Twitterjonet on Wordpressjonet on Youtube
jonet
Jonet Wooten is a former investigative newspaper reporter/photographer. She's always in search of the latest & greatest in fashion & beauty, which she writes about on her AWARD WINNING Blog.

9 Comments on Summer Pink Crush & The Flamingo

• jonet
      August 7, 2018 at 8:41 pm (2 months ago)

Thanks so much, Linda. Playing with color provides us with an opportunity to play with color combos and styles. Thanks for your comment, doll.
      Xo, Jonet

July 22, 2018 at 1:46 pm (3 months ago)

hAHA, i love your sense of humour Jonet! I have Style Amnesia when it came to white dresses! I thought i had more white dresses than I do, and had a white event to attend to. Time to get it altered and taken in to wear! Anyhow, i seem to be in desperate need of scalloped trimmed items. I dont have any, but I LOVE them every time i see them. Your dress is so pretty on you, love the pink! and seeing your puppy!
    thanks for linking!

• jonet
      July 23, 2018 at 8:40 am (3 months ago)

Thanks for your sweet comment, Jess, you are too kind. I love a stylish white summer dress, so I don’t blame you one bit. It truly is a summer fashion staple.

Xo, Jonet

2. Jessica
    July 21, 2018 at 12:23 pm (3 months ago)

What a cute dress you have there dear. Simple style, with a really pretty color!

Jessica | notjessfashion.com

• jonet
      July 23, 2018 at 8:38 am (3 months ago)

Thank you so much, Jessica. Sending big hugs.
      Xo, Jonet

3. Jodie
    July 17, 2018 at 12:38 pm (3 months ago)

Right now I seem to be on a green kick!! And I love green, but I wish i could find more yellow!!
    Your dress is fabulous Jonet!!
    XOXO
    Jodie

• jonet
      July 19, 2018 at 11:36 am (3 months ago)

Hi Ada, aren’t you kind. Thank you so much for your comment and I’ve love to link up on your site.

Xo, Jonet