Over 40 Style Guide

navy vince camuto top, white pants

Today was one of those teaching moments, which provided me with a serious dose of get ready to go with the flow, baby!

woman holding umbrella

My photographer and I had a double photo shoot planned with two yummy spring looks. We’d carefully coordinated our schedules, location, looks, yada yada. And then, Mother Nature intervened!

On what was scheduled to be a “spring photo shoot” the temps in my home town dipped into the low 40’s and the winds were wicked cold. Apparently, no one got the message that we’d scheduled an outdoor shoot because the rain clouds were upon us and we had to think fast!

woman in Vince camuto top and with pants

And so we did. We made the most of the light on the top of a parking garage before the deluge hit us. Gotta admit, it was kinda fun flirting with a thunder storm!

woman in Vince camuto top

Here’s what I learned from this experience: Jot it down on your calendar, schedule and prepare for your “appointment”. Life has a way of serving you a fast curve ball at the last moment and flexibility will save you.

woman in Vince camuto top

Let GO of your preconceived schedule agenda and go with the flow. We can’t control the weather or unforeseen changes that might come our way.

Rebecca Minkoff handbag

Life is all about unexpected changes that we are not prepared for, just go with it. You might find, as we did, that it pushes you towards better opportunities.

Photography by Stephanie Rose

This post contains Affiliate Links.

SHOP THE POST & OUTFIT DETAILS

Lace Up Bell Sleeve Top

Lace Up Bell Sleeve Top Plus Size

White Linen Pants, similar

Tripple Drop Earrings, similar

Fabric Drop Earrings, similar

Cuff Bracelet

Wege Sandals, similar

Wedge Sandals, similar

Be a fashion rebel, my darlings and challenge all the “rules”.

This post contains affiliate posts. Should you click the link to purchase, you pay the same amount, we just receive a small commission from your purchase which helps us keep our blog running. We thank you!

Jonet Wooten is a 56 year old former investigative newspaper reporter/photographer. She's always in search of the latest and greatest in Fashion, Beauty and Travel, which she writes about on her AWARD WINNING blog. Creator of the popular global fashion series She's Got Style.

9 Comments on Navy, White and Spring Summer Ready

1. Julie Caron
    May 27, 2018 at 8:02 am (5 months ago)

Love the photo with the umbrella. Do you have any tips for taking great photos? Trying to improve mine. I do have a Nikon camera.

March 31, 2018 at 12:19 pm (7 months ago)

You are too cute! Love the pictures, as I always seem to get mad at the wind! Like I have any control over it, right? I have learned to go with the flow more, especially with blogging! Your top is so pretty, I love details like this with the criss cross .Navy and white looks so crisp and classic
    thanks for linking!

April 3, 2018 at 9:51 am (7 months ago)

Thanks, lovely lady. I love details, whether that be on the clothes themselves or accessories. It’s what makes an outfit memorable. See you next linkup, my friend. Xo Jonet

3. Ada
    March 27, 2018 at 9:57 pm (7 months ago)

These photos still turned out great – I’d never guess about the weather. I also love how you worded this post and the message you conveyed. Which makes me think, you’d love my last poetry on my blog, currently. White with navy is forever beautiful and classic. Love that lace-up sleeve top! Welcome by Thursday to link up with me. =)

March 28, 2018 at 8:29 am (7 months ago)

Hi Ada, thanks for you thoughtful comment. I do love poetry and will hop on over to your blog today to read. Xo Jonet

4. Lana
    March 25, 2018 at 5:54 pm (7 months ago)

Love your message here, AND the outfit! Blue and white is one of my favorite color combos – so crisp and pretty and you look beautiful! I hear ya on best laid plans. Feels like my whole life is full of unexpected changes!

March 26, 2018 at 7:53 am (7 months ago)

Hi Lana, thanks for your kind comment. I too love the classic navy and white combo, it never gets old for me. I must agree with you, the older I get, the more I realize to just relax and roll with the unexpected. Xo Jonet

5. Jodie
    March 23, 2018 at 2:21 pm (7 months ago)

It reminds me of the saying “ if you want to make God laugh and tell him about your plans “ yet I think you did a great job of going with the flow Jonet!! The outfit is fabulous you look great and I can’t wait to see the next one when you went inside!
    XOXO
    Jodie

March 23, 2018 at 2:26 pm (7 months ago)

Jodie, it’s so funny that you say that, because that is exactly what I was thinking the whole time. And then God and I laughed and laughed as it rained.