Your Over 40 Style Guide

Whether you consider yourself a fashionista or not, YOU have the power to shape and recreate the perception of the midlife woman!

Fashion is a powerful tool that allows us the opportunity to make a statement about WHO we are without having to utter a single word. Talk about power, my friends.

woman over 50 in baby jacket

There are times that I channel a sophisticated look which might imply I mean business (which I do), however, those OOTD in no way define me. It’s all up to us, you see!

Inside, I’m a hippie child born and raised in sunny California. I gravitate towards jeans, and a casual chic style.

That in itself is the innate power of fashion. Each and every day, depending upon our mood, we have the opportunity to reinvent ourselves.

Now that I’m a certified midlifer, I find freedom in making my own choices. There are times I choose to feel business powerful and other times I gravitate towards my casual, boho-chic roots. Fashion allow us so many opportunities to define ourselves, even for a day!

woman over 40 in jacket and black skirt

Today, I’m feeling serious business sophistication. Tomorrow, who knows! That’s the power of fashion, Luvs. The choice is all ours!

Who are you today? It’s all up to YOU!

woman's hair

woman over 40 in jacket and black skirt

accessories

woman over 40 in jacket and black skirt

A little bit chic mixed with hippie, classic style or somewhere in between? In the end fashion allows us all the opportunity to allow our true selves to shine! What a beautiful thing.

Share your true selves in the the Comment Section below. We’d love to hear your voice.

What say you, my friends?

Jonet Wooten is a 56 year old former investigative newspaper reporter/photographer. She's always in search of the latest and greatest in Fashion, Beauty and Travel, which she writes about on her AWARD WINNING blog. Creator of the popular global fashion series She's Got Style.

16 Comments on Midlife Fashion | Shout It From The Rooftops

February 26, 2018 at 11:35 am (4 months ago)

Yes! Fashion really depends on my mood! I love that. i love the pattern and the colors in your blazer, the shell is the perfect color with it too! I think jackets really amplify a look . Pretty arm candy too!
    Have a wonderful week Jonet!

February 27, 2018 at 10:59 am (4 months ago)

Thanks Jess! This blazer has so many styling options since it’s multi colored. I love pieces that are versatile. Thanks for your kind comment. Xo Jonet

February 23, 2018 at 5:10 pm (4 months ago)

Hi Jacqui, I do so love a classic blazer! Have an amazing weekend. Xo Jonet

2. Anna Parkes
    February 23, 2018 at 1:17 pm (4 months ago)

I couldn’t agree with you more. I love the chic look you’ve styled today, but agree that every day we’re a blank canvas with the opportunity to re-invent ourselves. The older I get, the less confined I feel regarding what society expects me to be. You look powerful here, but I think that comes from within rather than through your clothes.
    I’m sporting red cowboy boots, black jeans, cashmere sweater and black studded jeans jacket today and loving that I can – even though I’m 60! Yay, to the power of women!
    Thanks for a great post x
    Anna

February 23, 2018 at 5:10 pm (4 months ago)

Hi Anna, thanks for your insightful comment. We are indeed a blank canvas each and every day, offering us the opportunity to be whoever and whatever we are feeling via our outfits. Love that, don’t you? Xo Jonet

3. Ada
    February 21, 2018 at 6:34 pm (4 months ago)

OK. I love what you wrote. As a matter of fact with the Thursday Moda linkup outfit I have written for tomorrow I have conveyed some very similar thoughts on fashion and style. Come by tomorrow to read it and linkup. =)

This outfit is so elegant and chic. I love that blazer so much and it was a great idea pairing some purple with it as it brings out the purple in your pretty blazer, Jonet! =)

February 23, 2018 at 8:11 am (4 months ago)

Thanks Ada, for your kind comment. I do love a great blazer. I’ll be stopping by to see you today! Xo Jonet

February 22, 2018 at 8:47 am (4 months ago)

Thanks Ruth! I agree with you on the blazer/workwear duo. Thanks for you comment. Xo Jonet

4. Penny Geers
    February 21, 2018 at 10:39 am (4 months ago)

Jonet, first time stopping by! I love everything you said here and couldn’t agree more. I believe that it’s after 50 when we can all become more comfortable in owning our style and shine. Thank you for the positive boost!

February 22, 2018 at 8:31 am (4 months ago)

Hi Penny and welcome to our tribe. Thank you for your kind words. Sparkle on, darling! Xo Jonet

5. jodie filogomo
    February 14, 2018 at 9:14 am (4 months ago)

I always think it’s fun to have variety in our clothes and outfits!! I do keep some of my “professional” items for those “professional” appointments. But it’s been a blast having the freedom to wear what I want!!
    Love this jacket, Jonet!!
    XOXO
    Jodie

February 14, 2018 at 12:52 pm (4 months ago)

Thanks Jodie, and I couldn’t have said it better myself. Variety is the spice of life, and I’m all about changing it up depending upon my mood and where I’m headed for the day. Thanks for your comment. Xo Jonet

6. Christine
    February 12, 2018 at 6:17 pm (4 months ago)

Lost my way a bit at the moment. Wardrobes full of clothes..keep buying but nothing to wear! Cant see the wood for the trees I think. I love boho too. Also have classic..lovely dresses. Then office clothes but then jeans/dog walking clothes and my leggings with cute Cath Kidston dresses that I probably shouldnt be wearing now at 55. Always loved pretty clothes and cant resist frills and flowers. Doesnt help that I’ve put some weight on too so half the stuff is snug now! But I cant get rid off. Lost cause I think?

February 14, 2018 at 8:32 am (4 months ago)

Hi Christine, thanks so much for your thoughtful comment. I love that you’ve shared your fashion story! You’re not a lost cause, you are fabulous! Xo Jonet