I can’t believe I’m about to type the following words, but Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I’m so not ready. Raise your hand if you’re with me!
There is one thing I’ve managed to check off my to do list ~ which, prompted me to dance in the street like Lionel Richie! I have carefully and thoughtfully, selected the outfit I’ll be wearing on Thanksgiving Day! Everyone do the sprinkler or the hula if you prefer, in a celebratory dance.
Here are the things I took into consideration when making my Thanksgiving Day outfit choices:
1. Comfort: With a full day of family time, cooking and company, my Thanksgiving Day outfit must combine style with comfort.
2. Happy Feet: There’s no doubt my tootsies will be dog tired by the time the turkey snooze inducing hormones kick in. Since I’ll be on my feet most of the day, I chose two pairs of shoes to get me through the day.
I’ll start out the day wearing these uber comfy slider sneakers with a bit of sparkle. I think glitter and sparkle should be mandatory for all holiday gatherings! I’ll be wearing these babies while I cook.
As company begins to arrive, I’ll swap out my sparkle sneakers for a pair of cute and sassy tall leather boots.
3. Style: While comfort is clearly at the top of my list, looking stylish is a close second. My outfit should be photo flattering, [think color, fit and pattern].
4. Weather: As chilly temps roll in combined with the occasional hot flash, makes layering a no-brainer. I’ll start with a comfy long Grey Sweater, then layer it with a classic Cardigan with black velvet tie ~ sighhhhh.
5. The Food Baby: I think all holiday meals should be considered devoid of calories for the day. With that in mind, and the fact that we will be eating two turkey dinners (lunch and then dinner), my pants had a little more work to do than simply compliment my outfit. We’re talking the clever concealment of an impending food baby, who has yet to be named. That’s why Leggings with a forgiving and stretchy waistline was my hands-down choice!
This post contains Affiliate Links. To shop this post, simply click on the photo or text (in pink) of the piece you like.
OUTFIT DETAILS & SHOP THIS POST
The scrumptious cardigan with velvet tie is still available. All other photos below are similar pieces.
From our grateful family to yours, we wish you a very happy Thanksgiving filled with many blessings.
With love, Jonet, Carl, Chad, Kaylee, Bubba, Daisy and Rocky