The Over 40 Style Guide

woman in leggings and leather jacket

woman in leggings and leather jacket

The holiday season is a wrap, leaving us with un-decorating duties, joyful opportunities for goal setting and perhaps, a fashion reinvention. Will this be the year we challenge ourselves to step outside of our tried and true style choices and give a new trend a spin for 2018?

With the athleisure wear trend taking over the internet and fashion scenes across the globe, if you haven’t done so already, adding a pair of leggings to your must-have list is absolutely in order, post-haste.

I recently ordered a pair of Spanx Leggings in Faux Leather and let me tell you my friends, I’m more than a bit obsessed and I’m not alone! The Spanx brand has been a thigh-slimming, tummy controlling favorite for nearly two decades.

What I love about these uber cool leggings is that the fabric is comfy, looks like leather yet isn’t and successfully manages to make my inner thighs look fit-ish.

Spanx Leggings come in a wide variety of styles, fabrics, colors and sizes, from the faux leather I’m wearing, to velvet and the more traditional. Spanx cleverly controls and shapes problem areas in some very snazzy ways.

These Faux Leather Spanx Leggings are an outstanding choice for every body shape and size. Here’s why, these leggings are:

High Waisted ~ a great choice for the curvy, hour glass, pear and apple shaped woman.

Ankle Length ~ especially good for petite, short legged or curvy women.

Control ~ controls and shapes problem areas such as the tummy, hips, thighs and rear.

Comfort ~ The fabric is stretchy for comfort, while giving the appearance of more tone.

Sizes ~ available in sizes 2 – 16

woman in leggings and leather jacket

woman in leggings and leather jacket

Photography by Chad W. Wooten

woman in leggings and leather jacket

This post contains Affiliate Links.

To shop this post, click on the text links above (in pink) or on the product photo below.

[show_shopthepost_widget id=”2975548″]

Wishing you a very happy New Year my friends. Thank you for being part of our tribe, we appreciate each and every one of you so very much.

This is not a sponsored post. I purchased this product at full price. I just like them, I really, really like them!

Jonet Wooten is a 55 year old former investigative newspaper reporter/photographer. She's always in search of the latest and greatest in Fashion, Beauty and Travel, which she writes about on her AWARD WINNING blog. Creator of the popular global fashion series She's Got Style.

12 Comments on Why The Right Leggings Can Flatter Every Woman

January 9, 2018 at 12:19 pm (2 months ago)

Jone’t Happy 2018!! I love those leggings on you! I have heard good things about them. I have several pairs one from ann Taylor and another from Zara that i am happy with as they are thicker and look like real leather, A great staple. I also love your leather jacket, great style.
    best wishes in the new Year!

January 9, 2018 at 2:10 pm (2 months ago)

Thank you for your comment, sweet Jess! I do love a great pair of leggings and the faux leather trend is amazing. Oh how I love Zara, I haven’t tried their leggings but will now; thanks for the tips, my stylish friend. Xo Jonet

January 9, 2018 at 10:27 am (2 months ago)

Hi Ruth, thank you, doll. Right you are, Spanx has received rave reviews. Thanks for your comment! Xo Jonet

2. jodie filogomo
    January 7, 2018 at 8:01 pm (2 months ago)

I never thought I’d wear leather pants, but they are super great aren’t they??
    You look fabulous Jonet!!

January 8, 2018 at 8:24 am (2 months ago)

I’m right there with you, my friend. I had actually decided that at almost 56, it was time to hang up the leather leggings and pants. But things they are a changing for us mid lifers (as you know) and I’m enjoying stepping outside of my comfort zone.

Sending big hugs your way and if you happen to run into my parents at King Super’s, please give them endless hugs for me. Insert wink emoji. XoXo Jonet

3. Shelbee on the Edge
    January 7, 2018 at 7:54 am (2 months ago)

Jonet, I hope you don’t find me strange when I say you look freaking hot in this outfit! Wow! I love the faux leather leggings and over the knee boots and that moto jacket is so full of sass. You are rocking this look! Thanks for sharing at my Link Up On the Edge!

January 8, 2018 at 8:19 am (2 months ago)

LOL, strange… no, make my day…. absolutely! You are such a doll. I do love me a good pair of leggings. Xo Jonet

4. Gail
    January 5, 2018 at 11:32 am (2 months ago)

I didn’t know Spanx made leggings! Love the leather look ones. You’ve given me a great idea on another way to wear my OTK boots.

January 8, 2018 at 8:15 am (2 months ago)

They do and they are fabulous! I’m going to order the velvet ones this week. Can’t wait to see how you style them across the pond, my chic friend. Xo Jonet

5. Michelle
    January 4, 2018 at 6:58 pm (2 months ago)

They sound great! Thanks for the tip!

January 5, 2018 at 8:59 am (2 months ago)

Thanks for your comment, Michelle! Happy New Year to you, doll. Xo Jonet