Over 40 Style Guide

woman in coat and fedora

woman in coat and black skirt

If I had to pick, I’d say this is my favorite time of year for countless reasons. Fall is hanging on in the south, with the promise of a few more colorful leaf showers (joy). Frosty days and nights offer the opportunity to sip coffee by a roaring fire surrounded by the hubster and our three fur babies.

At the top of my list, however, is that we are blessed with two visits from our kids in a month. Thanksgiving is now behind us, (where does the time go?) and I now wait ever so impatiently for a return to the airport to scoop up our daughter for her Christmas visit. I cherish these family moments together more than all the jewels on this earth.

woman in coat and fedora

booties, handbag, fedora

This post contains Affiliate Links.

woman in coat and scarf

woman in black skirt and sweater with fall leaves

woman in coat and black dress

For this look of the day, I started with one of my favorite sweaters of the season, the CASHMERE SWEATER which can be worn as a cold shoulder or cowl neck ~ brilliant, right? A monochromatic look is always classic, so a simple knit skirt in matching black was my next pick.

Now it was time to accessorize. These fabulous and comfy SUEDE BUCKLE BOOTIES are brand spankin new and will go with just about everything… including my outfit. Since the mercury is dipping into the 50’s, I opted for this warm and stylish WOOL BLEND COAT, the caramel color mixing with my black outfit like peanut butter and dark chocolate.

A few more accessories, and I’m good to go. I added a multi-colored scarf, and a trendy FEDORA, which is on my must-have list this season. Finally, an affordable FAUX LEATHER HANDBAG that easily pulls my color palette together. The best part about this bag is that it looks expensive, yet has a price tag of under $35.00!

woman in coat and hat

As they so poignantly say in the song, it’s the most wonderful time of the year. Thanks for stopping by, darlings. Wishing you a day filled with joy and much happiness.

Jonet Wooten is a 55 year old former investigative newspaper reporter/photographer. She’s always in search of the latest and greatest in Fashion, Beauty and Travel, which she writes about on her AWARD WINNING blog. Creator of the popular global fashion series She’s Got Style.

14 Comments on Monochromatic Black Topped With Caramel

December 9, 2017 at 12:40 pm (5 days ago)

Jonet I especially love the second to last pic, you are glowing1 beautiful smile hon. i love Fall too, it seems to go by too quickly! I love the mix of camel and black, and love the hat on you! Happy weekend
    thanks for linking!

December 10, 2017 at 2:10 pm (4 days ago)

Thanks so much, sweet Jess. It is amazing the difference the “golden hour” can make on a photo. I too love the mix of black and camel, always classic and in style. Happy weekend to you too. Xo Jonet

December 10, 2017 at 2:08 pm (4 days ago)

Thanks for your comment, Ruth. It is classic and warm. Xo Jonet

2. Sheree
    December 8, 2017 at 2:28 pm (6 days ago)

I love all the neutral colors in this outfit! The colors in your purse pair so nicely with the pattern of your scarf, and your caramel coat really pulls the whole look together. I would totally wear this!
    Thank you for linking up this week!

~xo Sheree
    PoshClassyMom.com

December 10, 2017 at 2:04 pm (4 days ago)

Thanks so much for your kind comment, Sheree. It’s a comfy look from head to toe and I love the neutral component. See you next week. Xo Jonet

3. Maria | passion fruit, paws and peonies
    December 7, 2017 at 3:47 am (1 week ago)

Such a wonderful classic and chic look. I’ve just published a post about wearing camel too as it’s also a huge trend here in the UK. I love it when a classic look become fashionable and they get a contemporary twist. x

December 7, 2017 at 8:48 am (1 week ago)

Thanks, Maria, for your kind comment. Isn’t it fabulous when trends span the ocean and are popular in many countries? Merry Christmas to you! Xo Jonet

4. Shelbee on the Edge
    December 5, 2017 at 1:50 pm (1 week ago)

Jonet, black and tan is one of favorite color combinations ever. It is so classic and chic and always looks great! And a fedora is a fabulous hat choice for you! You look amazing. Thanks so much for linking up with me and #SpreadingTheKindness!

Shelbee

December 5, 2017 at 3:08 pm (1 week ago)

Thank YOU, dear Shelbee for the linkup that is all about kindness. I look forward to stopping by each week to see what you’ll be wearing and to meet up with other blogger buddies. And I must agree with you about the black and tan duo. Xo Jonet

December 5, 2017 at 1:49 pm (1 week ago)

Thanks so much, dear Jacqui! I am counting the moments until she is home once again. I am a true fan of black and camel together. Thanks so much for your comment. Xo Jonet

5. Laura
    December 5, 2017 at 12:05 pm (1 week ago)

I love black and camel together! That coat is such a gorgeous, timeless piece and you look wonderful in that hat!

December 5, 2017 at 1:48 pm (1 week ago)

Thank you kindly, dear Laura. I do love fall/winter weather that allows us to layer and play. Xo Jonet