woman standing by barn
Photo by Chad Wooten

Welcome back my lovelies.  The bomber jacket is our post de jour and since it was a key piece on designer runways everywhere this fall, we’re not going out on a limb by saying these uber cool jackets are quite literally the bomb!

That’s why I pulled my leather jacket collection out of the closet over the weekend and this fall/winter staple will be making frequent appearances from now until next March!

woman standing by gate
Photo by Chad Wooten

You may still be feeling the warm, sunny affects of summer in your home town, but that doesn’t mean you can’t rock a leather bomber NOW.  Layer it over a maxi dress or short sleeved metallic top to ward off the cooler evening temps or frosty air conditioned restaurants.

woman sitting on fence
Photo by Chad Wooten

Navigating the choppy fashion waters for the mature women can at times leave us looking for the Coast Guard. No need to send up a flare when it comes to this popular leather topper.

woman standing in horse riding ring
Photo by Chad Wooten

The leather bomber jacket gives us a powerful styling tool to add some serious hip with an extra dash of cool to our outfits.  It’s an ageless, confidence inducing, statement-making accessory that shouts to the world you’ve got it going on, girl!

woman with white horse
Photo by Chad Wooten

Meet my new buddy Apollo; isn’t he a stunner? Don’t mind us, we’re talking fall fashion.

woman with white horse
Photo by Chad Wooten

Here, I’ve paired my ultra soft Marc New York Leather Jacket with a pair of Split Hem Jeans and
Leopard Trim Oxford Shirt. The colors set the tone for my pre-fall outfit of the day.

woman holding ted baker handbag
Photo by Chad Wooten

A scrumptious bag from the fabulous house of Ted Baker London brought out the black tones in the leopard trim on the shirt.

woman in jeans and booties
Photo by Chad Wooten

A comfy pair of black suede booties peeked out from the slits in my jeans.

woman with jacket
Photo by Chad Wooten

And finally, a pair of tortuous shell shades and gold-toned hoop earrings completed the look.This post contains Affiliate Links. That just means you pay the same price and we make a few pennies.

To shop this post, simply click on the product text (in pink) for more info or to order.

OUTFIT DETAILS & SHOPPING LINKS

Peyton Bootie

Hoop Earrings, sold out
similar Napier Gold Toned Hoop Earrings

Sunglasses, sold out
similar Michael Kors Sunglasses

Kate Spade Sunglasses

Until next time, stay young and curious, darlings.

Jonet Wooten is a 55 year old former investigative newspaper reporter/photographer. She’s always in search of the latest and greatest in Fashion, Beauty and Travel, which she writes about on her AWARD WINNING blog. Creator of the popular global fashion series She’s Got Style.

14 Comments on Why My Leather Jacket Came Out Of The Closet Today

1. Nicole
    September 8, 2017 at 1:34 am (3 months ago)

Thanks for linking up to the Top of the World Style party. Nice leather jacket!

September 8, 2017 at 7:04 am (3 months ago)

Thanks Nicole! You can never go wrong with a great leather jacket. Xo Jonet

September 7, 2017 at 10:48 am (3 months ago)

Hi Jonet! I saw those jeans somewhere else too. Love the style. Are they comfy? This is such a pretty, classic look with flair! I love your leather jacket too! I bought a suede and a leather moto for Fall I am excited to wear.
    thanks for linking!

September 8, 2017 at 7:03 am (3 months ago)

Hi Jess, that’s one of my favorite features of these fab jeans, they are super comfy. I do love a great leather jacket, so timeless. Thanks for your comment, my dear. Xo Jonet

3. Mary
    September 7, 2017 at 10:10 am (3 months ago)

My kind of look, Jonet! Love your bomber jacket and especially the way you’ve styled it! So chic!

Mary

September 8, 2017 at 6:56 am (3 months ago)

Thanks so much for your kind comment, dear Mary! Xo Jonet

4. jacqui
    September 4, 2017 at 10:30 am (3 months ago)

This is a lovely jacket Jonet, what a perfect colour for the new season. Thanks for sharing on this link-up Hun. x Jacqui

September 5, 2017 at 8:38 am (3 months ago)

Hi Jacqui, thanks so much for your lovely comment. Sending big hugs from America! Xo Jonet

5. Kristin
    September 4, 2017 at 10:29 am (3 months ago)

I love that it’s the season for cute jackets! Your leather jacket is a great classic…you really can’t go wrong with getting one in a perfect neutral so it goes with everything. Hope you had a great Labor Day weekend!
    -Kristin
    countdowntofridayblog.com

September 5, 2017 at 8:37 am (3 months ago)

Thank you and don’t we all love a great leather jacket? As you so elequently described, it’s a classic! Hugs and thanks for your comment, Kristin! Xo Jonet

6. Cutler Sports
    August 31, 2017 at 11:03 am (4 months ago)

The jacket is gorgeous! It goes well with everything you wear, especially shoes 🙂 Nice style!

August 31, 2017 at 11:36 am (4 months ago)

Thanks so much. I do love a great jacket! Xo Jonet

7. laurie
    August 29, 2017 at 2:13 am (4 months ago)

I love the colour of the jacket Jonet. Creams browns and caramels are favourites of mine. It won’t be long now till we need our jackets in the UK xx

August 29, 2017 at 6:56 am (4 months ago)

Thanks so much, Laurie. This caramel jacket is a favorite of mine, so soft and fabulous. The weather in the south is changing unusually early this year with over night temps in the low 60’s. I can already see some leaves starting to change color ~ it fills my heart with joy! Xo Jonet