Plus; How To Showcase Your Shoes In Long Pants

woman sitting on park bench
Photo by Chad Wooten

Once upon a time, there was a pair of jeans, not your ordinary denims, an unusual pair of jeans with the power to make short legs like mine, look all long and leggy.

Since there’s no official rule book on the proper order to style an outfit and I embrace spontaneity with a tight squeeze, the steps I take to style my OOTD often change depending upon my mood or the day.

woman leaning against a tree
Photo by Chad Wooten

For this flirty, feminine look, I started with these fabulous split hem jeans and built my outfit around them.

I bought these jeans because of the fun, split hem, a pair of long pants that allows shoes to coyly flirt with admirers instead of being covered up.

woman walking in park
Photo by Chad Wooten

Naturally, the next step in my styling process was the shoes.  A pair of leopard print pumps seemed like a wise choice, I mean if we’re putting together a sassy look, why not take a walk on the wild side, right?

woman walking in jeans
Photo by Chad Wooten

Next, I added one of my favorite finds of the summer, a scallop edge black top, that’s all business in the front and party in the back.  I loved the detailing of this versatile top and it played nicely with my jeans and pumps.

woman wearing statement choker necklace
Photo by Chad Wooten

Since I went with a solid black top, it left me a bit of wiggle room in the accessorizing department.  This beaded statement necklace added just the right amount of sophisticated bling to the look.  Simple pearl earrings and bangle bracelets were all the additional jewelry this outfit needed.

woman with handbag in jeans
Photo by Chad Wooten

An elegant leather bag by Rebecca Minkoff complimented, instead of fighting with our look (who wants to fight a leopard?) allowing the jeans, pumps and necklace to be the stars.

woman walking in jeans and heels
Photo by Chad Wooten

A pair of cool shades in brown and black tortoise shell and a nude lipstick by Nars put the final touches on this look.  And just like a banana, the hubby and I split for a dinner date with friends.

This post contains Affiliate Links. That just means you pay the same price and we make a few pennies.

To shop this post or take a closer look at the pieces, click on the product description (pink) or the photo at the bottom of this post.

POST DETAILS & SHOPPING LINKS

Jeans ~ WIT & WISDOM SPLIT RELEASE HEM JEANS * SAVE $23.10 until August 6th *

Top ~ HALOGEN SCALLOP EDGE TANK TOP * SAVE $15.10 until August 6th *

Statement Necklace ~ CRYSTAL COLLAR BEADED STATEMENT NECKLACE

Shoes SAM EDELMAN TIA LEOPARD PRINT PUMPS *SAVE $50.05 until August 6th similar

or SAM EDELMAN SLINGBACK LEOPARD PRINT HEELS lower heel alternative, similar

Earrings ~ 10MM FAUX PEARL EARRINGS similar

Sunglasses ~ MICHAEL KORS ROUND HAVANA SUNGLASSES   similar

or MICHAEL KORS RECTANGULAR HAVANA SUNGLASSES similar

Handbag ~ REBECCA MINKOFF BLACK LEATHER CROSSBODY BAG

or REBECCA MINKOFF METALIC LEATHER CROSSBODY BAG * SAVE $65.10 until August 6th same bag, just in metallic leather

[show_shopthepost_widget id=”2758179″]

And so my friends, at the end of the day, the secret to putting together a show-stopping looks is all in the details.

Fashion is a joyful playground, let your inner child free to join in the stylish fun.

We thank you for stopping by and making FCO50 your fashion, beauty and travel companion. We appreciate your comments, questions and the pleasure of your company.

Sending you much love from the south,

XO, Jone’t

Jonet Wooten is a 55 year old former investigative newspaper reporter/photographer. She's always in search of the latest and greatest in Fashion, Beauty and Travel, which she writes about on her AWARD WINNING blog. Creator of the popular global fashion series She's Got Style.

20 Comments on The Jeans That Make Short Legs Appear Longer

1. Connie
    August 10, 2017 at 11:21 pm (2 weeks ago)

Love your outfit! Any heel 2″ or more is totally out anymore for me-sciatica 😞. I am wondering, per my reading on fashion over 60(😱) and for short women, does the length of your fabulous top “cut your look in half”?
    Thanks in advance and for your article!

August 11, 2017 at 7:29 am (1 week ago)

Hi Connie, I feel your foot pain and reserve heels for special occasions. Oh how I love your question and suggested blog topic. I’m on it, from one short woman (5′ 2″) to another! Thanks so much for stopping by and your wonderful comment. Xo Jonet

2. Ada
    July 28, 2017 at 10:09 am (3 weeks ago)

This is one of my most favorite outfits of yours Jonet. Love it so much. I missed out on those awesome jeans. The tank is fun too. But I am loving your incredible accessories. The bag, shoes, bangles and necklace are all gorgeous. And it looks like Fall has started by you and it looks so beautiful. Have a great weekend babe! <3 Ada.

July 28, 2017 at 12:01 pm (3 weeks ago)

Thank you, darling Ada, you are too kind. The jeans are really fun and the detailing is dynamite, the website photo didn’t do it justice. I’m all about problem solving pieces and these denims really did make my legs look longer. Accessories, what can we say, aren’t we all obsessed? Wishing you a wonderful weekend, my sweet. Xo Jonet

July 28, 2017 at 11:58 am (3 weeks ago)

Thanks doll! These jeans were just what my short legs needed. Thanks so much for your comment and welcome to our tribe! Xo Jonet

3. Barbara Ann Mojica
    July 27, 2017 at 11:11 am (4 weeks ago)

Love the look, though those heels would kill me!

July 28, 2017 at 6:32 am (3 weeks ago)

Thanks and agree. I’m honestly getting a little too old to wear three inch heels. But on occasion, a girl’s gotta get a little wild and it’s worth the pain. Xo Jonet

4. Linda Cassidy
    July 27, 2017 at 9:16 am (4 weeks ago)

I need these in my short leg life. Don’t forget to come link up on A Labour of Fashion. Would love to have you join us

July 27, 2017 at 10:03 am (4 weeks ago)

Hi Linda, thank you for your kind invite. I’ll be there with bells on. Xo Jonet

5. Helen @Talking_Mums
    July 27, 2017 at 8:01 am (4 weeks ago)

I need jeans like this! love the top too x
    #BloggerClubUK

July 27, 2017 at 10:01 am (4 weeks ago)

Thanks Helen. They are a lot of fun! Thanks for stopping by and your comment. Xo Jonet

6. kristin mccarthy
    July 26, 2017 at 9:36 pm (4 weeks ago)

I love those jeans. never seen a pair like them.

#bloggerclubuk

July 27, 2017 at 6:16 am (4 weeks ago)

Agreed, Kristin, that’s why I had to have them! They really do make my legs look longer and the split hem is delicious! Thanks for your comment, darling. Btw, I so enjoy reading your posts, you are so clever. Xo Jonet

7. Kitty
    July 26, 2017 at 2:09 pm (4 weeks ago)

I love the split detail.

July 26, 2017 at 2:20 pm (4 weeks ago)

Thanks so much, Kitty! That’s the whole reason I bought these cool jeans. Xo Jonet

8. Sheela Goh
    July 26, 2017 at 7:16 am (4 weeks ago)

I am a new fan!!!!

July 26, 2017 at 8:52 am (4 weeks ago)

Thanks so much, dear Sheela. So happy you’ve discovered our happy tribe, we extend to you a huge welcome! Xo Jonet

9. Gail
    July 25, 2017 at 1:57 am (4 weeks ago)

Really great look Jonet – love the way the scallop edge of the top echoes the split of the jeans. Gail x

July 25, 2017 at 7:04 am (4 weeks ago)

Thanks so much Gail. I really love each piece for different reasons and it was great fun combining them into one OOTD. Xo Jonet