woman wearing white pants, blue shoes

Oh the statement making power of the trendy ankle wrap shoe. Whether you opt for a summery lace up sandal, a chic tassel tie flat or step it up with a chic pair of heels, the feminine ankle wrap shoe is one trend that will surely last more than a hot second!

Not one to be left behind on anything trending or SHOES, I’ve jumped on board with both feet and have ankle wrap shoes in just about every category.

black tie flat shoes

These strappy little numbers add such stylish flare to any look, from boyfriend jeans to cocktail dresses and everything in between. But… I do have a bone to pick with them; often times they just don’t stay tied, slapping the ground like it needs a spanking. Maybe it does, who am I to judge?

I’d stop, re-tie, carry on with my business, only to have the laces come undone again and again (much like my hair). Sigh. There had to be a solution out there to this common and frustrating problem and I was determined to find one.

So I present to you, my friends, the quick and easy way to keep any shoes tied, and in place, without coming undone! Otherwise known as check yourself before you wreck yourself!

This post contains Affiliate Links. That just means you pay the same price and we make a few pennies.

SHOE DETAILS & SHOPPING LINKS
Blue Flats ~ Ann Taylor Blue Tassel Tie Flats

Black Flats ~ Indigo Rd. Blak Flats

Fringe Sandal ~ Pelle Moda fringe Flats

[show_shopthepost_widget id=”2726355″]

I hope you found this short little shoe tutorial helpful. If you’d like to see more fashion or beauty tutorials in the future, please leave us your recommendations in the Comment Section below.

How do you feel about the ANKLE WRAP shoe trend?

As always, our thanks for stopping by for a blog visit. We hope you enjoyed your stay and that you’ll come back often.

XO, Jone’t
This post contains Affiliate Links. If you place an order from my blog, your product cost will be the exactly same, and FCO50 will earn a few pennies.

Jonet Wooten is a 55 year old former investigative newspaper reporter/photographer. She's always in search of the latest and greatest in Fashion, Beauty and Travel, which she writes about on her AWARD WINNING blog. Creator of the popular global fashion series She's Got Style.

12 Comments on How To Tie Ankle Wrap Shoes So They Stay Tied | Video Tutorial

1. Debbie
    July 24, 2017 at 12:55 pm (4 weeks ago)

I didn’t find this so earth shattering that it needed a video. That idea has been around forever. It’s just a double tie that most moms used to keep their kids gym shoes tied.
    I use it for my gym shoes because the laces are ridiculously long. Ta da!!

July 24, 2017 at 2:29 pm (4 weeks ago)

You are so right, Debbie, it is a simple double tie, a technique that’s been around forever. But I didn’t think of using it when my ankle wrap shoes kept coming untied. So I researched it and the answer was so easy.

As a blogger, my job is to share product reviews and fashion solutions with our fabulous tribe. I figured if it helped one person who was having the same issue I was, it was worth the investment of my time.

Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you back again. Xo Jonet

2. Jennie
    July 13, 2017 at 2:33 pm (1 month ago)

Oh, these shoes are just fantastic! Great video tutorial, too. I have struggled with the best way to tie mine at times. Thanks for linking up with Fabulous Friday!

Jennie – A Pocketful of Polka Dots

July 14, 2017 at 7:53 am (1 month ago)

Thanks Jennie. I know, the ankle tie are fabulous, but having them come undone can be frustrating. So happy you enjoyed the mini tutorial. Xo Jonet

3. Cheryl Tucker
    July 7, 2017 at 12:30 pm (2 months ago)

First the shoes are fabulous and second, I really need to know how to tie them. I have a couple of pair that I always have trouble with getting right! Thanks for joining the Ladies Who Link Up party! Peace!
    Cheryl

July 8, 2017 at 7:04 am (1 month ago)

Hi Cheryl, I am getting a lot of wear out of these trendy ankle wrap shoes this season. Glad the video helped. Thanks for the comment and see you next week at your Linky party! Xo Jonet

July 6, 2017 at 1:28 pm (2 months ago)

You are most welcome, my pleasure. It is annoying to have to keep retying those adorable ankle wraps. See you next week. Xo Jonet

4. Kristin
    July 5, 2017 at 1:55 pm (2 months ago)

I love the cobalt hue! Looks so great with your white trousers.
    -Kristin
    countdowntofridayblog.com

July 5, 2017 at 2:16 pm (2 months ago)

Thanks darling! I’m in love with the color, so vibrant and fun. Xo Jonet

5. Nora Minassian
    July 4, 2017 at 7:31 pm (2 months ago)

Both these shoes are so cute. I use this trick too and it really works.
    Nora

July 5, 2017 at 8:00 am (2 months ago)

Thanks for your comment, Nora. It’s an easy fix to a common problem. Xo Jonet