Plus; The Stunning Dress Under $150.00!
Finding the perfect cocktail dress for an event can feel more challenging than landing the cover of Vogue Magazine.
There are so many things to consider when buying a cocktail dress;
1. What type of event are you attending?
2. Where is it being held?
3. What season will the event be held in?
4. Will you be able to get multiple wears out of said dress?
Believe it or not, I actually found and ordered this chic cobalt blue dress online for UNDER $150.00 and I was not disappointed when it arrived in all its stylish glory.
I had two upcoming events in mind when I ordered this little number, an evening birthday party at a country club and a semi-formal wedding. Maggie London’s dress met all the criteria listed above, something I heavily considered before placing my order.
As it turned out, this dress was a home run for me on both occasions and I’ve since worn it to dinner with the hubster to celebrate our anniversary. Versatility, that’s something we all want in a classic cocktail dress.
No matter which cocktail dress you decide upon, search for one that has something special and memorable about it, a subtle show-stopping detail, if you will.
I love the clever detailing in this sublime crepe sheath dress by Maggie London, starting with the sheer mesh softly gathered to a V-back neckline. It’s a guaranteed compliment getter, and who doesn’t want to hear they look fabulous? “Please stop, I hate compliments” said no woman EVER!
Now that I had the dress, I needed just the right heels; something elegant, stylish yet comfortable. These gorgeous metallic leather pumps by Sam Edelman hit the mark across the board.
Since events and restaurants can get chilly, I layered a boldly colored scarf wrap over the dress, which infused my look with a vibrant color pop that was functional too. Winner, winner chicken dinner.
This post contains Affiliate Links. That just means you pay the same price and we make a few pennies.
To shop this post or get further details on any item, simply click on the product details (pink) or any of the photos at the bottom of this post.
PRODUCT DETAILS & SHOPPING LINKS
Dress ~ MAGGIE LONDON SHEATH DRESS available in 2 colors, sizes 0 – 14
Shoes ~ sold out similar Pumps
or SAM EDELMAN GOLD LEATHER FLATS same shoe as my pumps, in flats
Earrings ~ SPARKLE HOOP EARRINGS
Scarf/Wrap ~ FLORAL SCARF WRAP similar
or similar Wrap
We’ve picked a few of our favorite cocktail dresses, for your viewing pleasure.
Shoes & Accessories
And now, it’s time for the Linkup Partaaaay!
It’s my honor and pleasure to co-host a Fashion Linkup Party for my blogger amiga, Nicole Molders from High Latitude Style.
Nicole’s Linky Party is an amazing resource for finding inspiration style and fashion idea from a multitude of bloggers. It’s also an opportunity for bloggers to share their style ideas with a new audience.
Nicole Mölders is married, has one cat, no kids, a fashion, and science enthusiast from Fairbanks, Alaska. She is the author of the style recipe book “How to Dress for Success in Midlife”, and the blogger of High Latitude Style – an Alaska fashion blog with science bits for the stylish 40+ woman. She shares how to turn fashion into style to look your best ever in midlife.
Now let’s party. Everyone of any age and gender is welcome to share their fashion and style posts.
- Grab the above banner and put it into your sidebar if you like
- Please follow your co-hostess via facebook, instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Bloglovin, and/or twitter
- Please follow your hostess via email, facebook, twitter, pinterest, google+, and/or instagram
- Linkup up to four of your fashion/style posts by simply adding your link below
- Please be a good sports and visit the posts of at least three of your linkup-fellows, introduce yourself to them to network and to make new friends. If you know them all already, I am sure they will still appreciate your stopping by and saying Hi. We all like traffic, don’t we?
- Please help that you and everyone of us gets more traffic by spreading the word about the party and tweet See the awesome outfits at the Top of the World Style linkup party. Thanks.
Thanks for stopping by and linking up!
My thanks to my friend Nicole, for allowing me to co-host her party. I hope you had the chance to meet some new fashion bloggers and have a little fun!
As always, my profound thanks for being part of our fun and fabulous tribe. If you haven’t already had a chance to subscribe, pretty please, do so now so you never miss a post.
Sending much love,