The Fashion Trend Appropriate for All Ages

When it comes to fashion, there are three words one NEVER, wants to hear in a sentence… am I right, ladies?

blogger words

woman wearing white top and sunglasses

Hitting our stride at 40 or 50 plus can leave us at times a bit befuddled as to which fashion trends are appropriate for this chapter in our lives. But there is one fashion trend that all of us can wear, it’s feminine, flattering and defining the season.

What in the name of style are we talking about here? The sizzling cold shoulder top (or dress), with the power to stomp out “Dowdy”, “Boring” and “Faux Pas” one word at a time!

woman wearing white top and sunglasses

Here, I’ve put together an OOTD (outfit of the day), starting with my fabulous, lacy cold shoulder top. A pair of taupe capris with white polka dots added a fun sprinkle of pattern to the neutral top.

woman wearing bangle bracelets

Now it’s time to layer on some summery accessories to pull this look together with style. A bead and stone necklace plays nicely with the taupe shade in the pants. A pair of gold toned bangle bracelets and hoop earrings add just the right amount of bling.

woman wearing summer sandals

A neutral pair of strappy wedge sandals elevate the look, without causing me to walk like I’m 90.

No outfit is complete without a cool pair of shades.

woman climbing kids playhouse

You’re probably asking yourself if I slid down the slide when I reached the top of this play house, right? Me and my inner child slid down that slide like we were at a waterpark!

woman wearing white top and sunglasses

After this photo shoot, I wore this OOTD on a lunch date with my honey.  He kept saying, “you look so pretty”.  After the third compliment, I asked what he liked about what I was wearing, his reply?  He kissed my shoulder, enough said!

This post contains Affiliate Links. That just means you pay the same price and we make a few pennies.

OUTFIT DETAILS AND SHOPPING LINKS

TOP (similar) // PANTS (similar) // SANDALS (similar) // SUNGLASSES // EARRINGS (similar) // LIPSTICK

In answer to the question of the day, YES, we can all embrace the cold shoulder trend at our age, all shapes and sizes are welcome to join in the fun.

Here’s to making our own fashion rules! Thanks for stopping by darlings.

XO, Jone’t

Jonet Wooten is a 55 year old former investigative newspaper reporter/photographer. She's always in search of the latest and greatest in Fashion, Beauty and Travel, which she writes about on her AWARD WINNING blog. Creator of the popular global fashion series She's Got Style.

14 Comments on Cold Shoulder Tops | The Sizzling Trend Approved for Any Age

1. Robin
    July 23, 2017 at 3:06 pm (3 months ago)

Hi, I just found your blog today. Thank you for saying the cold shoulder or off the shoulder trend is ok for those of us over 50. I just turned 53. I recently purchased an off the shoulder blouse but I haven’t been brave enough to wear it . I am full figured and self conscious about wearing that style despite the sales lady telling me it was flattering. (She HAS to say that though, right?) Your post encouraged me, now I just need a reason to wear it somewhere.

July 24, 2017 at 7:48 am (3 months ago)

Hi Robin. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your fashion experiences with our tribe. That’s one of the things I love about our cozy cyber friendship spot, it’s a safe place to talk about ourselves.

1. I’m so happy you bought an off the shoulder/cold shoulder blouse! Yea Robin!

2. Put that blouse on, some lipstick lipstick, put your cold shoulders back and rock that look baby! You’ve got this and I can’t wait to hear or see a picture (share it with our tribe in the comment Section) of you killing this trend. Xo Jonet

2. Jennie
    July 20, 2017 at 3:26 pm (3 months ago)

This is such a fantastic look! I adore those polka dot pants, of course. 🙂 So sweet that your honey enjoyed this look on you. Thanks for linking up with Fabulous Friday!

Jennie – A Pocketful of Polka Dots

July 20, 2017 at 4:22 pm (3 months ago)

Thanks Jeannie. You and I share a love of all things polka dot! I’ll see you Friday. Xo Jonet

July 12, 2017 at 3:02 pm (3 months ago)

My pleasure, dear Emma. Thanks for your kind comments. See you next week. Xo Jonet

3. Ruth
    July 10, 2017 at 5:45 pm (3 months ago)

You look amazing! I love this top on you and paired with those polka dot pants it’s just perfect!

July 10, 2017 at 7:14 pm (3 months ago)

You are too kind. I love polka dots of any kind and the cold shoulder trend is so fab! Xo Jonet

July 10, 2017 at 4:53 pm (3 months ago)

Thank you kindly Ada. I just love the cold shoulder trend, so feminine and flattering. I will indeed check out your outfit and post. Thanks for stopping by and the comment. Xo Jonet

July 7, 2017 at 11:41 am (3 months ago)

Thanks so much, Cheryl! It’s one of my favorite summer tops. Xo Jonet

4. Jonet
    July 21, 2017 at 7:14 am (3 months ago)

Thank YOU, dear Jennie, for selecting my post as one of your favorites for the week on your fabulous blog. I am honored and share your love of polka dots. Who doesn’t? Sending you big hugs from the south. Xoxoxoxoxoxo Jonet

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Cold Shoulder Tops | The Sizzling Trend Approved for Any Age