Plus a Nod to the Cold Shoulder

woman in paisley dress

Please pardon my obsession but, oh paisley, how I love thee.  If I were given a thousand fabrics to choose from, like a super magnet, I’d pick the curvy, swirly fun of paisley every time.

woman in paisley dress

This joyous dress combines white with swirls of heavenly caramel toned paisley, then adds a dose of cool detailing with wood and gold colored beading.  There’s also a playful nod to the cold shoulder with the slits in the sleeves giving the cold arms!  Is that a thing?  If it wasn’t before, it is now!  The end result is a power couple, texture and femininity combined in one fabulous dress!

woman in paisley dress

To accessorize this confident dress, I decided to pump up the volume by wearing a pair of brown and cream animal print heels.

woman in paisley dress

A cuff bracelet in a bronzy gold tone, with large hoop earrings in the same color, were the only jewelry this outfit needed.  Slide on a cool pair of Kate Spade shades, and my date night outfit is in the bag!

This post contains Affiliate Links

woman in paisley dress

OUTFIT DETAILS & SHOPPING LINKS

Dress ~ Joyous & Free (sold out)

Paisley Dress Alternative

Paisley Dress Alternative ~ Plus Size

Sandals ~ Anne Klein (sold out)

similar sandals
similar sandals

Sunglasses ~ Kate Spade Aviator Sunglasses

We want your opinion, join our poll…

How do you feel about the ANKLE WRAP shoe trend?

Enjoy your own fashion journey, my friends.

XO, Jone’t

Jonet Wooten is a 55 year old former investigative newspaper reporter/photographer. She's always in search of the latest and greatest in Fashion, Beauty and Travel, which she writes about on her AWARD WINNING blog. Creator of the popular global fashion series She's Got Style.

10 Comments on Paisley And The Dress | Over 50 Fashion

1. sarah - Mud Cakes and Wine
    June 21, 2017 at 1:19 pm (2 months ago)

Lovely dress and I must admit I am starting to like a few paisley bits myself. You look great and rocking the cold shoulder #bloggerclubuk

June 21, 2017 at 5:07 pm (2 months ago)

Thanks Sarah! Beware… paisley addiction is real. LOL. Xo Jonet

2. Mama Grace
    June 21, 2017 at 9:19 am (2 months ago)

You look lush! #BloggersClubUK

June 21, 2017 at 10:01 am (2 months ago)

Thanks doll! Back at ya. Xo Jonet

3. Michelle Kellogg
    June 21, 2017 at 8:10 am (2 months ago)

That dress is beautiful and you look great! I’m turning 40 next month and you’ve just given me something to look forward to so thank you!

June 21, 2017 at 10:00 am (2 months ago)

You are too kind, dear Michelle. Thanks for stopping by! Xo Jonet

4. Ada
    June 20, 2017 at 1:37 pm (2 months ago)

Jonet that paisley dress is so chic yet trendy. Love the nude tones. Every clutch/purse you chose with it, looks fabulous!

Welcome by on Thursday and linkup with me pretty lady. Thanks, Ada. =)

June 20, 2017 at 1:47 pm (2 months ago)

Thanks Ada, I do love paisley…. anything! I’ll stop by your blog for a linkup visit Thursday. Xo Jonet

5. Anuj Agarwal
    June 16, 2017 at 1:34 am (2 months ago)

Hi Jonet,

My name is Anuj Agarwal. I’m Founder of Feedspot.

I would like to personally congratulate you as your blog Fabulously Chic Over 50 | Fashion has been selected by our panelist as one of the Top 15 Fashion Over 50 Blogs on the web.

I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of Top 15 Fashion Over 50 Blogs on the internet and I’m honored to have you as part of this!

Also, you have the honor of displaying the badge on your blog.

Best,
    Anuj

June 16, 2017 at 8:53 am (2 months ago)

Hi Anuj,I am grateful, humble and speechless on this great honor. Thank you for including my blog in this list of fabulous over 50 bloggers, I am a huge fan of each of them. Xo Jonet